The point of this blog is to explore and debunk the popular internet meme “If I was an Evil Overlord…” list. Just as the original lists are meant to be fun and are not meant as attacks on fiction, this list is meant to be fun and not an attack on the original list. You may say that this blog is overthinking the original list, just as some may say that the original list is overthinking escapist fiction.
Starting at the bottom of the list here are the first few I’ll look at:
442. While it may be tempting to use an Ultmate Weapon or Spell with a rare, almost impossible to exploit, tiny flaw to accomplish my goals, if many Penultimate Weapons or Spells with no such flaw can achieve the same effect, I will employ them instead
441. While deformed mutants and oddball psychotics will certainly have their place in my Legions of Terror, I will not send them out on missions that require tact or subtlety.
440. When the time comes to unite the world’s diverse underworld elements into one massive criminal organization, the meeting with my underbosses will not feature the elimination of the vociferous objectors and the intimidation of the rest. Rather, it will feature the deputization of the most powerful that I can control easily and the elimination of the rest.
434. When I have the fair maiden nicely tied up and am ready for a good gloat, I will not lean down and stare into her space from a distance of inches. She will just spit on me. If I absolutely have to do some close, face-to-face gloating, I’ll make sure she’s gagged first.
439. When the rebel leader challenges me to a one-on-one fight, and asks “Or are you afraid to face me without your goons to back you up?” My reply will be “No, I’m not afraid… Just sensible.” And then I will shoot him.
To see more visit this page.